A Wok Across the Golden Gate (2002)
Saturday, August 3, 2002, 7:30 p.m.
401 Van Ness, San Francisco
Join Youth for Asian Theater for an evening of original plays and monologues written, directed and performed by San Francisco youth. Featured plays include:
- “The Dinner” by Megan Sham
- “The Complexities of Religion” by Lauren D. Yee
- “The House” by Terence Thang
- “The Reason Why I’m Doing This” by Lauren D. Yee
- “100%” by Morgan Ho
- “Why I Want to be Your Junior Asia Miss” by Lauren D. Yee
- “Introducing Sam” by Lauren D. Yee
- “Come In” by Brianna Lee
- “The Difference Between Dreams and Time Warps” by Lauren D. Yee
Youth for Asian Theater is a student-run organization that seeks to promote pride in Asian heritage through theater. Now in its second year, YFAT operates entirely through the efforts of its young cast and crew members, who oversee the production from script to stage.
Company includes: Timothy Cheng, Cliffton Chin, Jacqueline Chow, Aga De Castro, Alisa Farenzena, Brianna Lee, Sel Lee, Jordan Lilienstein, Lorraine Ling, Regina Liu, Pooja Patel, Lily Sham, Megan Sham, Stella Tan, Terence Thang, Lauren D. Yee, and Tina Yu.