Fix It (2013)
Youth for Asian Theater presents Fix It
Friday, August 9, 2013 at 7:00 P.M.
199 Museum Way, San Francisco, CA 94114
Join Youth for Asian Theater for an evening of original plays and monologues written, directed and performed by San Francisco youth.
- “Relationships in Ten Movies” written and directed by Jesse Chung, choreographed by Hannah Yee. Narrator is back as we explore the unfolding of a relationship through ten different kinds of movies.
- “The Case” written by Reyana Maguad, directed by Jackson Murphy and Reyana Maguad. A private eye gets the case of his career. Little does he know, the answer is right under his nose.
- ”Not Hamlet’s Swansong” written by Viola Mai, directed by Reyana Maguad. With the help of a little Shakespearean knowledge, Bee tries to relax during her stressful life as a college student.
- “Magic Shop” written by Reena Lam, Norman Yu, Julie Lam, Polina Litvak, Lawrence Law, and Lawrence Chiu, directed by Julie Lam. A girl runs a magic shop in her grandfather’s store. Four people come in for various reasons and leave changed for the better.
- “The Support Group” written and directed by Jakob Hofso. Five people come together to discuss a shared problem.
- “Orientation” written and directed by Jesse Chung. Here’s a college proverb, “It’s not where you go, but what you do.” Now here’s another one, “It’s not just what you do, but who you meet.”
Also featuring some delightful interludes from our amazing techies!
Youth for Asian Theater is the only not-for-profit San Francisco theater company in which students operate all aspects of theater production. Thus, YFAT members are given the opportunity to develop into articulate and effective leaders. YFAT is absolutely free not only for actors, but for audience members as well, enabling us to reach a large part of the community not typically exposed to theater. YFAT is also the only San Francisco youth acting group that concentrates on the struggles of being Asian-American, a much-neglected subject in a city where the population is one-third Asian and local history is rich with Asian culture. Every summer, members rehearse rigorously for eight weeks at various locations in the community.
Company also includes: Caelan Noyes, Carolyn Maung, Christine Maung, David Yi, Ivy La, Jerry Ng, Jolina Lam, Jomar Villagracia, Laura Ziganti, Michael Araula, Teresa Ibarra, Yu Ling Wu, and Zola Hanson.